Sunday, April 19, 2009

I think I need a horse in my life...

Ihhhhaaaaah! Cowboy!

Went riding yesterday with a friend of mine. Haven't been on a horse in ages and my whole body was aching to once again get into the familiar rhythm. God I have missed it! As soon as I got up on "City" my horse, I felt at home. She is a lovely chestnut brown darling with a high spirit and dancing feet. She is a bit hot and flimsy...and just the kind of horse I love. So Gabriel, the horse keeper, made a good pick in matching us up.

The farm is located outside Nairobi, on the green hills where tea, coffee and vegetables are grown. The landscape is actually a bit European...the forest made me feel at home. The lush environment felt like a clean bliss. The rolling hills like a perfect place for a Saturday excursion.

I promised myself that I will come back there soon. To get to know City a bit and maybe some other horses. To jump over some logs on the cross country course and to gallop up the hills. To just sit peacefully on the back of a four legged friend, smell the air, watch the birds and greet the women working in the fields.

A new small piece of Kenya that I just LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment