Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Whats good lookin here is not really all that special somewhere else


When you get to go to a high tech developed country about once a year you will find lots of interesting things that seems unique, awesome, funky and right out unnecessary.
Im amazed (still) by the speed of internet, spotify, playstation filled with cool stuff, that the amount of fake blondes is still the same, the price of a latte in any café and of course the fashion slaves.

I somehow understand them a bit. It is easy and maybe sometimes tempting, to fall into the trend boxes and get high on a new style. Hey, most of us like to dress up a bit so we feel pretty, special and new. But what I dont get is to the extent a huge amount of women here follow the fashion trends, no matter how silly they are. You walk down the street and cant help but staring at some... let me tell you this; not all people have the right legs for skinny jeans, not all skin types goes well with the colour yellow, and not all dogs like to be carried in your handbag.

What was my poin...ehhhmm, yes....so then when it comes down to me..of course Im sucked in a little bit. I feel and touch some cool hip clothes in the store. I try some on sometimes. But I almost always realize. They are not me. And they are definitely not Kenyan me. And so I let it be and I long to be back at home. Where my style rocks. And where my flip flops never go out of fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment